CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Bed time promise

We have a really hard time getting Taylor to lay down and go to sleep. We have tried everything we can think of to get him to sleep. Well last night I promised them that if they laid down and went to sleep without getting up once I would take them all on a walk. Nobody got out of bed. The next morning I told them to wait till after lunch by then it was raining/snowing. I got them all bundled up and their umbrellas out. I was thinking that a quick walk around the block and we would be home. Well Wyatt asks me if he can show me where the school bus used to pick up one of his friends. I knew the bus picked up someone on the street above ours so I said sure. He was so excited! We get up to the street above ours and I go to turn and he says "NO mom we have to go straight." So I get the kids hands and go across the street he leads us past two more and I ask how far do we have to go? "Up to the light and then we turn that way(right)." Well that was all the way up to Harrison and I didn't want to go that far so I asked if we could go another day and his poor little face fell and he said No. I told him his brothers were tired, so he couched them up the hill. When we got to the light and across the street he started forward and I was wondering what had I agreed to? I told him if we didn't pass it by the next street we were turning down and heading home both Ryan and Taylor were starting to complain a lot now. Well he knew exactly where we were going and showed me a day care that they would pick up one of the kids from. He was so proud of himself. And we had a lot of fun in the rain. It was such a great trip for all of us. It is nice to remember that even in the rain you can have fun outside.




2 comments:

Nicla said...

how cute, I love walking in the rain. And so rarely do the kids get to get out there cute unbrellas outside. Mine are always going up in the house!

Terrell Times said...

If Ryan comes up missing someday, just know that he is safe and that his aunt Sean flew in and kidnapped him! I could eat that kid up!